Episode 013: The Heart of the Wedding Vendor
Today's episode is a special one! Josh and Michelle talk about the heart of a great wedding vendor, and how to know if the person you're meeting with meets those qualifications! We take a look back at highlights from the last several episodes, so if you're just joining us here at the Columbus Wedding Podcast, this is a great place to start. We also end with 5 of our best tips for hiring great vendors... check it out below, and make sure you listen to the episode for more details!
5 Characteristics of Great Wedding Vendors
1. Professional Website. Great websites are easy to come by these days, so if the website on your screen looks like it hasn't been updated since the 90s or is disorganized/hard to navigate, watch out! With the exception of a handful of mom-and-pop businesses who gain all their business from referrals (which we think is impressive!), a professional website is key to a business' success.
2. Quick Response Time. If they aren't responding within a day or two of your emails when you first inquire, chances are that response time will go down after you sign the contract. Hire vendors who communicate quickly and professionally to avoid stress down the line!
3. Product over Price. When planning your wedding, budget is nearly always a concern. But we don't think it should be your number one priority when meeting with a vendor! Shop for product over price; you're bound to find someone in your price range whose work you LOVE. But if that dream wedding vendor is just a few dollars out of reach, don't be afraid to splurge. In the long run, you'll be thankful - because vendors who charge more are usually better at what they do!
4. Humility & Honesty. If the sales pitch a vendor gives you sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Pay attention to their tactics and hire vendors who are more interested in you personally than in booking the sale for themselves. Great vendors will be honest with you, interested in your personal story, and go above and beyond to make sure you have the best day ever!
5. Custom vs. Cookie Cutter. The wedding industry has exploded in the past 5 years and there are LOTS of people out there doing the same thing as everyone else. Hire wedding vendors who are excited about executing your vision and will customize accordingly, not the vendors who stick a price sheet in your face and tell you to choose one.
There's so much more goodness in the episode today, so head on over for a listen if you haven't already! We'll have another awesome vendor coming at you next week.